Monday, September 24, 2012

First Class Fishing in Fernie’s Famous Elk River


Well that’s a mouthful and a half….wasn’t really sure how to word it but there you have it…..we have a fishing paradise here in Fernie and men, women and children come from all over the world to test our waters. Fish stories are exchanged daily over mugs of steaming lattés and cappuccinos….about the one that got away…it was how big?? Now in all fairness, I am not a seasoned fisherwoman…..in fact I can’t quite recall my last fishing expedition but I’m sure it involved dragging the bottom of a lake, yards of tangled fishing line and expletives not fit to post. I know, I know….I need to at least give it a go now that I live here! My son is heading out this way on the weekend to do some fishing and he invited me to go with him…I told him I’d sit on the shore and read a book….and cheer when he reels in the big one!  Such a good Mum!!
The weather is ideal right now for fishing…the days are still warm and sunny and although the nights are cooler, fall fishing is fantastic! I’ve even noticed some new hatches of little flying creatures stuck in my teeth when I’m out for a run by the river…I’m sure they have some name like Baitis or October Caddis. You can venture out on your own, but to find that perfect deep pool or sweet foam line, you’d be best to take a guided fishing adventure with one of our experienced and professional guiding companies. You can choose from Fernie Fly Fishing, Kootenay Fly Shop and Guiding Co., Elk River Guiding Company or Fernie Wilderness Adventures – they can all provide you with one of your most memorable fishing expeditions ever and help you reel in the big one that didn’t get away!
Now after a day on the river wrestling with “Fishzilla”, you’ll probably want to rest those tired, aching muscles. Why not book a spa treatment at our very own King Fir Spa. Choose a Restorative & Relaxing Classic Massage or a Sports Massage or any one of the wonderful services we offer. Then check in to one of our cozy log cabins or condo suites with your own private hot tub and soak the night away. We still have some great summer accommodation specials – don’t miss out!
So as summer continues to grace our valley with all it’s splendor, the leaves are starting to turn and before we know it the snow will fly! Christmas and New Year’s are not that far away. Book today! What are you waiting for? If you visit us for a Fernie Christmas, don’t forget to ask about our Christmas Package including a tree, ornaments, tree topper, tree skirt and the best thing of all….some of my world famous shortbread cookies!
Let us take care of your vacation – it’s what we do!
1.800.667.9911

No comments:

Post a Comment