Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fernie BC...Where All The Action Is!


Okay I have tried to sit down and write a new post for 3 weeks now….but I've been busy studying for my Masters in...and if you believe that, I have a piece of property in…oh dear…I digress….truth is I just couldn't decide what to write about! Fernie is the coolest town to live in and every time I turn around, there is yet another fun thing to do! From concerts at the Arts StationFilm Festivals at the Community Centre to Ghostrider Hockey Games at the Fernie Memorial Arena there is just never a dull moment!
Opening weekend at Fernie Alpine Resort is fast approaching and let me tell you….that gets me SO excited! I am marking off the days on my calendar…the countdown has begun….December 1 is the big day! Let the bells ring out and the banners fly! Before you know it, you’ll be hootin’ and hollerin’ down Linda’s Run, Currie Powder or Stag Leap on that pristine champagne powder day! Pumped yet? Well you should be….we anticipate another epic snow year and the best news of all is that I have commenced my Snow Dancing as of Nov 1, so let the flakes fly! Speaking of flying, heli skiing isn’t the only non lift assisted skiing and snowboarding to partake in…how ‘bout some catskiing? No matter what the weather, you can all ski/snowboard together and Island Lake is the place to go. 2013 is their 25th Anniversary and in conjunction with that they are releasing an illustrated history book of Island Lake and the Cedar Valley in about 4 weeks time.
So have you booked your Christmas vacation in Fernie yet? We still have some availability in our Polar Peak LodgesSnow Creek LodgeBear Paw Lodge and Timberline Lodge. Things are filling up quickly so don’t delay! If you do come for Christmas, please ask at the time of booking about our add-on Christmas Package consisting of a 6 foot pre-lit Christmas Tree, a tree skirt, ornaments, tree topper and the best thing of all…my ‘world famous’ homemade shortbread cookies!
If you’re coming to Fernie ahead of the hustle bustle of Christmas, we have a few deals for you! Stay and Ski early this winter….3rd night half price for check-ins up to Dec 21 on all properties and no blackout dates or book 3 nights and get the 4th FREE at The Timbers or River Rock Lodge!!
Let us take care of your vacation – it’s what we do!
1.800.667.9911
Photo Credit: Heather Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment