Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Remember December…..in Fernie BC


Why on earth I am thinking about December is beyond me! I mean really…we still have blue skies, sunshine, trails to explore, golf to play and fish to catch! I suppose that with the colder nights, one can’t help but start to dream about snow capped mountains, face shots and Mogul Smokers at the Griz Bar!
I awoke with a start yesterday morning as I heard a strange roaring noise coming from below my bedroom…sounded like the train had taken a wrong turn and was detouring through the house or at the very least the trolls that live under the house were coming to take me away! I pulled the covers tightly over my head awaiting the worst when it occurred to me that the whole train thing was quite ridiculous and trolls were only supernatural beings in Norse mythology and Scandinavian folklore. What the….oh wait…..the furnace….the furnace? Oh no! That means it’s likely frosty outside! Frost? Ah! Sue’s garden! I’m house sitting for her and I promised to take care of her prized, world famous tomatoes! I shot out of bed, threw on what I thought was my housecoat (turns out it was the rug that was beside my bed) and dashed out to the moonlit garden  still somewhat wary of the trolls.  I gathered those tomatoes in record time and returned to the house. Whew! Disaster diverted! So yes, the nights have caused many Fernie furnaces to leap to life, but the days are still so beautiful! The leaves are begrudgingly starting to turn to some yellows and oranges and a few are even starting to drift from the branches when a breeze sneaks up and tickles them. Now I’m still not going to do any snow dancing because I have a few items on my bucket list to get through before that first blanket of white, but there’s nothing wrong with dreaming about a White Christmas!
Speaking of Christmas, have you booked your holiday to Fernie yet? Well, I suggest you get on it! We have some cozy condos, chalets and lodges available….fireplaces, private hot tubs and fully equipped kitchens with ovens big enough to roast that turkey in. We even have a Christmas Package available as an add-on when you book your accommodation including a pre-lit Christmas Tree, ornaments, tree topper, tree skirt and even a box of my homemade Christmas cookies.  Let us take care of your vacation – it’s what we do!
We’ll make your Fernie dreams come true.
1.800.667.9911

No comments:

Post a Comment