Thursday, August 30, 2012

Rollin' on the River in Fernie BC


Well, with all this nice warm weather we’ve been having, I have been somewhat remiss in my postings…my bad….but seriously I would much rather be out hiking, biking, golfing or floating the river in all this glorious sunshine than glued to my computer writing about why you should come to visit!  Speaking of floating the river, I finally managed to do my first river float of the summer on Monday afternoon after work with my sister and brother-in-law. Now, as I have mentioned, doing anything with my sister is always an adventure and this was no exception. She offered me one of their flotation devices to use….little did I know it was the Low Rider when I accepted. Granted it has a beverage holder, but I will tell you it is aptly named as your derriere sits very low in the water! As I looked over to see what Sue and Eric were floating on, there they were…..riding on lovely proper river floating tubes with very high clearance…..of course they were! Now aside from the fact that the river is um…er….extremely refreshing, it has also become quite shallow in places and I found myself on a number of occasions, high centered on some very pointy rocks while the other 2 sailed merrily onwards. So take it from someone who is still thawing out and nursing a few unsightly bruises….don’t float the river in a Low Rider!! Riding on the proper apparatus, the river is a blast with some really fun rapids so enjoy it while summer is still here!

Something else really fun to attend are the Sunday Mountain Markets  Every Sunday through until Labour Day from 10am – 2pm at Rotary Park you can check out farmer's just picked fruit, organic veggies, herbs and flowers; herbalist's hand-crafted soaps and fragrances; baker's tasty pies, bagels, cupcakes and sourdough bread; as well as local artisan's latest creations. The Wednesday Night Socials downtown at Station Square are my favorite with live music, delicious food and a beverage garden but sadly the last one is August 29.
So…have you tried the Aerial Playground and Rippin’ Zipline at Fernie Alpine Resort? No?? Well get on it! This is hugely fun for all ages! Why not make a day of it? Book your time in the Aerial Playground, then hop on the Timber Chair for a scenic ride up the mountain. If it’s a weekend or holiday, you can stop in at Lost Boys Café for lunch for their Ride & Dine Special. There are some great hiking trails once you’re up there as well….Polar Peak is one of my favorite hikes reaching an elevation of 7010 feet and a view of the Elk Valley that is simply breathtaking.
There’s only one more long weekend this summer and we want you to enjoy Fernie so we are offering the deal of a lifetime! The Timbers is available and the special rates are so amazing I can barely contain myself! Gather your friends or family…up to 17 of you can stay in this executive mountain-style log home. Give us a call to book your September Long Weekend getaway! Great last minute specials available NOW!
Speaking of specials, check out our Early Winter Booking deals and Long Stay Specials. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to settle into one of our cozy cabins, condos, chalets or resort homes.
Let us make your Fernie dreams come true.
1.800.667.9911

No comments:

Post a Comment