Friday, August 31, 2012

Dog Days of Summer and a Blue Moon in Fernie BC


Well, we are managing to cling to summer here in Fernie! The forecast for the next 14 days is nothing but sunshine and blue skies! Sure the evenings are cooler, but the weather during the day is so fantastic for hiking, biking and golfing! I’m sure there are trails you’ve yet to try and perhaps you’ve not hit the links yet…..now’s the time! Don’t delay!
Last night as I wandered home from the final Wednesday Night Summer Social I was absolutely blown away by the sunset! It looked like the entire western skyline was on fire! It literally took my breath away and I found myself speechless which, for those of you that know me, is extremely rare. I marvel at the raw beauty of this special place we call home…the mountains, the trees and the eerie yet magical shadows cast by the full moons. Speaking of which, tomorrow night is a Blue Moon! You’re familiar with the old phrase “…once in a Blue Moon…”? This is where it comes from…it will be the second full moon in a month! And the next one won’t happen until 2015 so I think we all need to sleep outside tomorrow night on top of a mountain! Well, that’s what I would love to do….how amazing would that be? I’m sure I could reach out and touch the moon! Okay perhaps that’s a little ambitious, but I hope you all have a chance to experience the extra-special energies and messages Blue Moons are fabled to give us!
Come to Fernie this weekend and let us share our mountain life with you! We have some great last minute lodging specials and there are some fun events going on throughout the valley including the Demolition Derby, the last weekend of summer operations at Fernie Alpine Resort and the final Sunday Mountain Market. Head up to Island Lake Lodge for a hike and lunch on the Bear Lodge deck (lunch not available on Saturday due to a wedding) or hit their Date Night on Monday night and dine on the best food I’ve ever been lucky enough to savour. This night has become so popular it’s best to make a reservation.
So yes, as much as I love these dog days of summer, I can’t help but start to dream of the morning light dancing across my window panes with webs of snow drifting gently across them….oh champagne powder…soon….very soon. Book your winter Fernie, BC getaway now and take advantage of our great early bird specials!
Let us make your Fernie dreams come true.
1.800.667.9911

No comments:

Post a Comment