Monday, May 13, 2013

When It’s Springtime in the Rockies, You Need to Head to Fernie BC!



These past few days have been absolutely spectacular in our neck of the woods! Bright blue skies, warm sunshine drenching our winter-laden bodies…the mountains are so regal…still draped in their capes of white. The birds are twitterpating, the squirrels are loudly scolding anyone who passes by their humble abodes too close in proximity and the bears are groggily making their way out of hibernation. I actually encountered a somewhat woozy bruin on my bike ride the other day. There he was, grazing away on the fresh green clover alongside a rather steep trail I was endeavouring to conquer. Now, I had some pretty good momentum going, and I did consider stopping to take a picture, but the thought of getting started again on this dreaded incline was enough to put me off of my desire to become a professional wildlife photographer! As I drew closer to this furry fellow, he lifted his head and we had a bit of a stare down…I didn’t break eye contact and then when I was within about 30ft of him, I raised my voice and proclaimed loudly, “Hey buddy – what are you lookin’ at?” To which he cocked his head to one side as if to say, “Certainly not you!” and went back to his tender green morsels. At that point I pedalled like I’ve never pedalled before, shot past him and made it to the top in record time with nary a scratch! Good grief…that was one heck of a cardio workout! I don’t recommend it….but I do love a little adventure in my life, much to the chagrin of my children. I think they sometimes have a hard time believing I’m actually their Mother!
Speaking of Mothers…Mother’s Day is coming up…what are you doing for your Mom? Why not treat her to a day at The King Fir Spa? They are running 5 great deals for under $100 each! From rejuvenating facials to a foot soak and scrub followed by a relaxing massage, let them take care of your Mom on her special day…hope my kids are reading this!! But wait! That’s not all! Why not delight your Mom (and maybe Dad) to accommodation as well! It’s going to be a beautiful sunny weekend...the outdoor swimming pool is ready for business and we have a plethora of suites available! If you book anything in the Spa, you will receive a 10% discount on any accommodation for a 2 night stay this weekend! The code word? Mommy Dearest!
Fernie is definitely ‘Spring’ing to life…the golf course is open, the single track trails are drying out beautifully and the fishing has begun! What are you waiting for? Come visit us and let us share with you the place we call home…Fernie, BC….the best little coal town in the East Kootenays!
Let us plan your vacation – it’s what we do!
1.800.667.9911

No comments:

Post a Comment